361 Paulls Valley Road, Paulls Valley
We are located on the Kalamunda MTB Trail network - you can roll out of our shop onto the trails.
Kalamunda Mountain Bike Collective
Break The Boundary
BBQ and outdoor seating - free to use for all of our customers.
Bibbulmun Track - hiking only track for any non riders!
This is a hard questions as there are lots of answers!
1. Got your own bike? Check out the list of trails and get out there and explore!!!
2. Don’t have a bike! Come and hire one from us! Rock and Roll Mountain Biking are based in the Kalamunda Hills and you can roll out of there shop onto the trails! They will give you a map and directions!!!!
3. Don’t have a bike and nervous that you will get lost? Join Rock and Roll Mountain Biking on a tour or clinic and get guided through the fun trails suitable for your riding level!!!
4. I want to ride with others!!!!!
This can be confusing! The mountain biking community in WA is huge and has something for everyone!
Different disciplines, different bikes and riding at all different levels! You don’t join just one club like with football or hockey – you can belong to lots of club and most is done via facebook pages.
So this is how I think of it! Jen’s very simplified mtb guide.
XCO (Cross Country)– fitness and skilled needed – riding up and down hills - riding as fast as you can for a set amount of laps!
XCM (Cross Country Marathon) - not laps! Long distance mtb racing!
GE (Gravity Enduro)– riding as fast as you can down technical trails, one go only on different trails each time. Depending on your location you need to make your own way up or get a shuttle but this part is not timed!!!!
DH (Downhill) – fast technical and like its name down a big hill. One track – riding it twice and fastest time wins.
CX (Cyclocross - Crazy Euro racing). Cyclocross is a very specific type of bike racing. For the most part, the course is off-road, but there are sometimes portions of pavement included in the course. You can expect to encounter grass, dirt, mud, gravel, sand, and a whole slew of other assortments and combinations.
I do - but there are plenty of other pages I might have missed!
Perth Mountain Bike Club (PMBC) (Cross Country)
Kalamudana Mountain Bike Collective
Margaret River Off Road Cycling Association (MRORCA)
WA Gravity Enduro
Peel Districts Mountain Bike (DownHill)
Cape Mountain Bikers
Pemberton MTB Park
Linga Longa MTB Park
Nannup MTB Club
Karratha MTB Club/Burrup MTB Club
Southern Hills MTB Group (Dwellingup/Jarrahdale)
What and how you ride is up to you - mountain biking is a dangerous sport and all participants with Rock and Roll Mountain Biking need to agree to our terms and conditions and understand that you are riding at your own risk.
If you want to race an event you are going to need to have insurance through an Auscycling membership:
AusCycling | Memberships plus different event promotors may have different requirements,
AusCycling offers different levels so you can get insurance for recreational riding. See AusCycling website for full PDS and levels of insurance.
1. Get them into a social group ride within your area.
2. Get them into racing - different disciplines need different bikes and equipment and you will need insurance through AusCycling.
3. Get coaching through Rock and Roll Mountain Biking – we offer junior programs for ages 7+